Sat, 01 Jul|
Dunwich Dynamo XXXI
Dunwich Dynamo XXXI - 120 mile overnight on-road bicycle ride.
Time & Location
01 Jul 2023, 18:00 – 02 Jul 2023, 09:00
London, London E8 3PH, UK
About the Event
London Clarion Cycle Club members to meet at London Fields at 6pm What3Words location to be shared closer to the event.
- This is NOT a race
- You can feed, water and rest at late-opening pubs and cafes, or roadside pop-ups. Don't rely on them, plan ahead, buy food in East London.
- Take care. Show lights in low light condiitons. Ride with maximum attention to your own, other rider's and the public's safety.
- If you feel sleepy stop and nap.
- Please be quiet near homes in the small hours.
- No litter please
- Plan your journey home well in advance whether cycling or taking one of the coaches which you will need to pre-book in advance (see Southwark Cyclists website).
If you are interested in attending please email Club Secretary Alex.
History of the Dunwich Dynamo
The event was started in 1993 when Patrick Field, of the London School of Cycling, converted an informal ride into an organised event. It was sponsored by Mosquito Bikes of Essex Road, Islington, with some mechanical support and "controls" where riders had to check in to stamp an Audax-style “Brevet card”. After about 4 years the ride, which had become very popular, continued on an unsupported 'turn up and go' basis. The controls and support ended, and the organisation of transport back from Dunwich at the end of the ride was arranged by Southwark Cyclists.